Introduction to Clifton StrengthsFinder®
- Do you do what you do best every day?
- Do you play to your strengths?
- Do you know who is a good partner for you?
- Do you know how to maximise your performance?
- Do you want to know what makes your manager tick?
- Are you the best ‘you’ that you can be?
Clifton StrengthsFinder® can help you identify your strengths.
What is StrengthsFinder?
- a profile of an individual’s top five talents or ‘Signature Themes’
- an online personality/talent assessment created by Gallup
- a development tool (not an assessment or a selection tool)
- a measure and report of a person’s talent in each of 34 themes in order of dominance
- completed by nearly 10 million people globally
Why do StrengthsFinder?
- to help people understand, explore and develop what they naturally do best – their talents
- to help people understand their colleagues’ talents and improve team performance
- to enable managers to understand their team members better
- to give managers insights into how to manage and develop individuals more effectively
How is StrengthsFinder used?
- with a qualified Strengths Performance Coach, trained and certified by Gallup
- by interpreting the combination and dynamics of the full StrengthsFinder profile
- to coach individuals and managers to leverage talents to maximise performance
What is Strengths Theory?
Extensive research indicates that people learn, change, and improve the most in those areas of the brain that already have the strongest synaptic connections. Each person’s greatest potential for development and growth is therefore in the areas of their greatest strengths and not in their areas of weakness.
Talents come naturally, but strengths must be developed. Talent + Knowledge + Skill = Strength
The best way to develop people and net the greatest return on investment in their growth is to identify their talents, then help them add the skills and knowledge that build strengths.
Strengths Theory – Focus on Strengths, Manage Weaknesses.
Leveraging talents and developing strengths leads to improved: Motivation, Learning, Productivity, Performance & Engagement
Improved engagement leads to: Reduced Costs, Increased Safety, Revenue Growth, Profit Growth & Shared Growth
Who is Gallup?
Gallup is a global research-based consultancy, specialising in employee and customer management and driving business performance. In over 75 years of research and analytics, Gallup has acquired a deep understanding of human nature and behaviour, leveraging this to develop tools, systems and services to help organisations and individuals maximise their performance.